Thursday, April 6, 2017

Me, Myself, and I

My name is Sarah Holmes, I am an Anthropology major with a minor in Political Science in the Fulbright College at the University of Arkansas. I spend my weekends with friends at the Fayetteville Farmers Market, eating at one of the many brunch restaurants around downtown, working at the HPER, or hiking around NWA. When I am not hanging out with my friends, I am an active member in Alpha Chi Omega and sit on the Executive Board as the VP of Collegiate Recruitment Information. On top of being a leader in my sorority, I am part of a student organization called Students For Refugees. We work with an organization called Canopy NWA as they advocate for and  resettle refugees in the NWA area.

Upon graduation in December 2017, I am hoping to teach abroad for one of the many agencies that offer such opportunities to recent graduates. If I love teaching as much as I think I will, I would love to spend two years serving as a Peace Corp Volunteer, specifically in the education sector. Upon the completion of Peace Corp service, I hope to accept a position with a non-profit agency that seeks to improve the lives of others through humanitarian work. I seek to use the knowledge I have gained from attending the University of Arkansas to better understand the hardships that females face in developing countries - preferably in the areas related to the access of a primary education.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Access to Education

          I have a passion for advocating for others, plain and simple. During my time at the University of Arkansas I have had the privilag...